There is a flood of targeted COVID-related resources circulating right now. Many healthcare and community-based organizations are posting resources to help their constituents (whether healthcare professionals or community leaders). In addition to our list of New Resources for Taking Care of Yourself and Others In the Time of COVID-19, geared to general public, we wanted to share some examples that have come across our desk recently that you may wish to check out too.
Two examples from two champions of The Conversation Project, are listed below.
- Kōkua Mau’s COVID-19 Resources
- My Life, My Choices COVID-19 Coronavirus Resource Response Toolkit
Our colleagues who are co-leading Age-Friendly Health System’s work have put together the following helpful resources for COVID-19 & older adults: Asking/Acting on What Matters, Telemedicine & PALTC.
Asking and acting on “What Matters”:
- IHI COVID-19 Resources: Care of Older Adults
- Video of Diane Meier, MD, Director, Center to Advance Palliative Care (CAPC): Having an advanced care plan conversation with an older adult
- The Conversation Project: Being Prepared in the Time of COVID-19 Three Things You Can Do Now
- CAPC COVID-19 Response Resources from the Center to Advance Palliative Care
- COVID-19 Resources from Respecting Choices: Resources for having conversations with older adults when care planning for COVID-19
- How to Talk About COVID-19 and Your Patients Wishes Regarding Serious Illness Care: A blog post from Diane Meier of the Center to Advance Palliative Care offers strategies on navigating difficult conversations with patients – especially when you can’t be face-to-face.
- “What Matters” to Older Adults? A Toolkit for Health Systems to Design Better 4Ms Care with Older Adults
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): Tips for Dementia Caregivers by the Alzheimer’s Association
- National POLST: Long-Term Care Facility Guidance for POLST & COVID-19
- Eldercare Locator, U.S. Administration on Aging: Housing, transportation and other support services for older adults located by zip code
Care of older adults in post-acute and long term care communities:
- Preparing for COVID-19: Long-term Care Facilities, Nursing Homes by the CDC
- When COVID-19 is in Your Regional Community (i.e. Community Spread) from AMDA
Use of telemedicine:
- Telemedicine: A Practical Guide for Incorporation into your Practice by ACP
- CMS Video: Medicare Coverage and Payment of Virtual Services
- IHI.org COVID-19 Resources: Care of Older Adults
- The John A. Hartford Foundation: Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Resources for Older Adults, Family Caregivers and Health Care Providers (Updated 4/6)
We know this isn’t an exhaustive list and there are many more resources to help. What have your favorite, go-to sites been? Let us know below.
Yes. There are tons of COVID-related resources we can access online anytime we want. You just have to be vigilant and make sure your source is legit and the information are verified especially that it concerns your health.
Primary Care Physicians New Braunfels