During the shortest month of the year, we took a long pause to reflect on what matters most to us: ensuring that everyone’s end-of-life values and wishes are expressed and respected. We produced resources and materials designed to help you lead the initiative in your community and within your intimate settings. Scroll through the resources below and let us know how you plan on using them!
- Top 15 Ways People are Using the Conversation Starter Kit
Over the years, people have come up with a myriad of innovate ways to use the Conversation Starter Kit in their settings. From using it as a handout at health fairs to using it as a “book” for their book clubs, TCP champions have taken this simple guide to creatively lead the TCP initiative. Click here to check out 15 ways people are using the Starter Kit!
- Ideas and Resources for National Healthcare Decisions Day: Join the Movement!
Looking for ideas for National Healthcare Decisions Day (NHDD)? Thousands of local, state and national groups across the country are gearing up and either starting to or are already knee-deep in planning for April 16th. Numerous groups over the year have been sharing their plans with us. We’ve compiled ideas based off these fabulous champions’ plans that we hope will get you started. Click here to read more.
- Ellen Goodman Talks Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia
Ellen Goodman and her mother spoke about everything except one thing: how her mother wanted to live at the end of her life. Watch this moving video where Ellen shares her personal experience of caring for her mom who had dementia. Click here to watch the video.
“I didn’t know how important it was to have these conversations early…”
- On February 19, we hosted a community call where participants learned about NHDD’s history and impact since its inception. Guests included Anna Gosline from the Massachusetts Coalition for Serious Illness Care–who shared the latest toolkit and messaging assets that can be used as you gear up for NHDD—and the founder of NHDD, Nathan Kottkamp. Get inspired and formulate creative ideas about how you’ll lead an NHDD activity this year or next.
Click here to access past call recordings/slides and to register for the next community call!
- Upcoming Connection: Join The Conversation Project (@convoproject) on Thursday, March 26, 2020, 3:30-4:30 PM ET for our very first Twitter Chat! Join us and special guests, including Dr. Silvia Perez-Protto, Medical Director of End of Life Programs at Cleveland Clinic, as we talk about how best to support conversations with those affected by Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia. Bring your ideas, questions and insights, and get ready to connect with new friends and possible future collaborators.
- The Conversation Project has three newsletters designed to update you on our latest resources, news and events. Missed last month’s newsletters? Click the links below to access them and click here to be added to our newsletter listserv.
Additional resources can be found on our Get Involved page.