The Conversation Project is dedicated to helping people talk about their wishes for end-of-life care. We developed the original Conversation Starter Kit as a useful tool to help people have conversations with their family members or other loved ones about their wishes regarding end-of-life care. Since then, we have translated the Starter Kit into several languages, and developed additional Starter Kits listed below. All are available to download for free.
- You are welcome to download or print any of the Starter Kits below.
- Note: Be sure to save the Starter Kit to your desktop before filling it in. Otherwise, anything you type in it will not be saved.
- To print or view in larger font, click here.
- To purchase printed copies of our materials, or add your logo and contact information, visit our Mimeo Marketplace.
Talking with your loved ones openly and honestly, before a medical crisis happens, gives everyone a shared understanding about what matters most to you at the end of life. You can use this Starter Kit whether you are getting ready to tell someone else what you want, or you want to help someone else get ready to share their wishes.
- Co-branded version: For organizations planning to distribute the Conversation Starter Kit, we have a version to which you can add your logo and local contact information. Available for purchase here.
In addition to having the conversation, it’s important to choose a health care proxy – the person who will make decisions about your medical care if you become unable to make them for yourself. This new user-friendly guide offers facts and tips necessary to make sound decisions about choosing, and being, a health care proxy.
- Co-branded version: For organizations planning to distribute the Health Care Proxy Kit, we have a version to which you can add your logo and local contact information. Available for purchase here.
This Starter Kit is specifically designed to help families and loved ones of people with Alzheimer’s disease or another form of dementia who want guidance about “having the conversation.” We appreciate the difficulty — and the importance — of having these conversations.
- Co-branded version: For organizations planning to distribute the Starter Kit for Families and Loves Ones of People with Alzheimer’s, we have a version to which you can add your logo and local contact information. Available for purchase here.
After you’ve had the conversation with your loved ones, the next step is talking to your doctor or nurse about your wishes. Don’t wait for a medical crisis; talking with your doctor or nurse now makes it easier to make medical decisions when the time comes.
This Starter Kit is specifically designed to help parents of seriously ill children who want guidance about “having the conversation” with their children.