What is a health care proxy? A healthcare proxy is a person who will make decisions about your medical care if you become unable to make them for yourself.
RESOURCES FOR INDIVIDUALS
- State-specific health care proxy forms from the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization.
- Making Sense of Health Care Proxies: A blog post answering the frequently asked questions about health care proxies.
- Glossary of advance care planning terms: A document created by Conversations of a Lifetime describing the various advance care planning documents and terminology.
- Why Millennials Should Choose A Health Care Proxy: A blog that simultaneously acknowledges millennials’ refrain from having the conversation and the necessity for them to choose a health care proxy despite their age.
- TCP’s Proxy Proposal: Use our proxy proposal decision tree to figure out if you’ve found the one.
- Who Will Speak for You: A humorous yet moving video about choosing the right health care proxy
- How to Choose a Health Care Proxy: We asked people what they know about health care proxies and whether they’ve designated a proxy.
RESOURCES FOR ORGANIZATIONS AND COMMUNITIES
- Get involved in your community – start here: https://theconversationproject.org/get-involved
- For more information, visit our Printing & Co-branding page