Conversation Starter Guide – Additional Resources
RESOURCES FOR INDIVIDUALS
- Hello Game: A conversation game created by Common Practice that is an easy, non-threatening way to start talking with your family and friends about what matters most to you.
- Practice Makes Perfect: A lighthearted and humorous video that looks at how, with a little bit of practice, you can start the conversation.
- Conversations on the Street Video Playlist: We asked real people around Boston if they’ve had the conversation
- Don’t Panic – It’s Okay: A Letter to Loved Ones Making Difficult Choices: Even when people express their end-of-life care wishes, honoring their choices can be challenging or impractical. Dr. Karen Boudreau’s family knows this from experience. She wrote this letter to her loved ones to offer guidance in case they ever need to make difficult decisions at the end of her life.
- Advance Care Directives Aren’t Enough: Completing an advance care directive is important, but it won’t replace an ongoing series of conversations with your loved ones about your end-of-life wishes. Joan Gibson of The Conversation Project in New Mexico explains why.
- ABC World News with Diane Sawyer: The Conversation Project: Diane Sawyer features The Conversation Project on ABC World News. This is a short and sweet video introduction to The Conversation Project.
- A Soul Doctor and a Jazz Singer: Lachlan Forrow, MD, advisor to The Conversation Project, talks about what it means for his patients to have a good day. One terminally ill patient, Dolly Baker, says that for her a good day is one where she can sing.
RESOURCES FOR ORGANIZATIONS AND COMMUNITIES
PRINTING OPTIONS & TRANSLATIONS